Since SD Bullion was originally founded in 2012, this proud organization has taken the precious metals industry by storm and proven that they are worthy of wonderful accolades. In fact, many consider this business a smashing success because their customers choose them over the competition. In fact, very recently they’re even considered one of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the US, and they landed at #177 on this list.
Believe it or not, two doctors were the original founders of this company. They have strong feelings about protecting financial wealth and they became dedicated to the cause. They have worked diligently to prove that their efforts weren’t in vain.
And even more exciting, the wide majority their customers leave positive reviews about the company. Why? Because they feel SD Bullion is an excellent partner and a great company to work with when buying precious metals.
This company sells all types of precious metals including gold, silver, and platinum. They sell them in coins and bar form as well. This business has more than $157 million in annual returns since its inception in 2012, and they’ve sold more than $1 billion worth of precious metals throughout the years.
The founding fathers of this organization are completely dedicated to their customers, and they always provide the greatest terms when compared to the competition. And company employees focus their efforts to make sure each and every one of their customers is satisfied when they do business with this amazing establishment.
As a matter of fact, SD Bullion is so highly respected in the marketplace that it can easily compete with many of its rival precious metals sellers. In fact, their great success can simply be attributed to the incredible management that they have in place, plus the remarkable specialists that they have on staff who share valuable knowledge and information with their customers in a passionate and dedicated manner. Their overall goal is to always provide complete customer satisfaction every step of the way. Even more important, this precious metals provider has won numerous awards throughout the years, which we’ll go into greater detail about later on.
Nevertheless, many people and potential customers have had lots of questions about this storied organization, and many of these questions were answered by staff members. I’ve taken the time to compile this information for you to review below, so you can learn more about the company, learn about some of the responses that they’ve shared, and discover some of the frequently asked questions as well. To keep learning about this wonderful business, continue to read more below.
Before We Dive into the SDBullion Review
We understand that choosing a company for important financial investments is a serious and major decision. We take great pride in our ability to provide accurate information from reliable sources. We’ve performed extensive research that we use whenever we recommend a company like SD Bullion. We invite you to read who we felt was our top gold IRA companies.
SD Bullion: A Brief Overview
This company is a precious metals dealer that focuses on selling gold, silver, and platinum to consumers. They sell precious metals at the current going rate and always guarantee to deliver top-quality products to every investor.
There’s a wide variety of options when purchasing gold and silver, which range from opening precious metals IRA accounts, to selling collector coins and other precious metals investments that may or may not qualify for a gold IRA.
They also provide a number of different options to choose from, including gold bars, silver bars, gold coins, silver coins, and other proven commodities, which they sell in a safe and secure way.
SD Bullion sells a wide variety of coins that are acceptable by the IRS for a precious metals IRA. Some of their top coins include American gold bullion, Chinese gold pandas, gold British coins, and gold Mexican Libertad coins amongst a few others.
Some of their silver coins include silver coins from Africa, silver coins from the Perth mint in Australia, silver coins from Great Britain, and other valuable and exciting silver coins from other places in the United States and around the world.
For investors who find platinum appealing, there are also a variety of options to choose from and these investments hail from any of the countries already mentioned.
This fantastic organization also provides a number of different services including the facilitation of opening precious metals IRA accounts for their customers. Just talk to one of the many knowledgeable and educated staff members to find out more about how they can help you. They handle everything about the precious metals IRA process from start to finish, and they have valuable connections and insight to help you set up your retirement account quickly and correctly from the get-go.
Continue reading to find out more about different coins and bars that this company sells.
Right now, review a detailed breakdown of some of the many gold coins that this company sells. Continue reading to find out more about your options for gold coins when doing business with SD Bullion.
- Gold American Eagles – this is a 22-karat gold coin that you can buy in multiple sizes including a 1/10-ounce coin, ¼ ounce coin, ½ ounce coin and a 1-ounce coin. This product is almost 100% pure since the overall level of purity is .9999. It’s minted in the United States via the US Mint.
- Gold Coins from the Royal Canadian Mint – the Royal Canadian mint produces some of the most exciting and nearly pure precious metals in the form of gold. Their popular highly pure options include the Call of the Wild and the Gold Maple Leaf. The Royal Canadian Mint produces these coins with a purity level of 99.99%.
- Gold American Buffalos – each one of the American Buffalo gold coins – with the exception being the 1-ounce coin – have a .9999 purity level and they are made with 24 karat gold. These coins are produced and minted in the United States at the US Mint.
- Gold Coins from the British Royal Mint – coins with a purity of .9999 and IRA eligibility from the British Royal mint include the Gold Britannia and the Queens Gold Beast.
- Gold Chinese Panda Coins – China originally began minting these coins in 1982, they have a .999 purity level, and they qualify as acceptable investments in a precious metals IRA in the United States.
- Other Gold Coin Options – there are other options to consider that have the necessary purity levels and acceptability for a precious metals IRA some of these coins include the Gold Austrian Philharmonic, the gold Mexican Libertad, the gold Australian Koala, and other gold coins from the Perth Mint, plus the gold South African Krugerrand. Visit SD Bullion’s website to learn more about each one of these gold coins and other investing opportunities.
As you embark upon the journey of investing in physical gold, one excellent option is to purchase gold bars. SD Bullion sells a wide variety of gold bars in different sizes, and they each have high purity levels and excellent gold content as well.
You have the opportunity to choose gold bars from just about any mint and I guarantee that SD Bullion will have it in stock. Some of the more popular options to consider include the following:
- Gold Britannia bar
- Gold bars from the Perth mint
- Lady Fortuna gold bar by Pamp Suisse
- Valcambi gold bar
- 1-ounce gold bars from the Royal Canadian Mint
To learn more about your best options, please visit SD Bullion’s website to learn more about the best gold bar products on their site.
Silver is similar to gold because it’s an excellent investment opportunity. The top silver coin investments to consider are as follows:
- Silver American Eagle coins – there are a number of great options including commemorative US mint silver coins, and Silver American Eagle proofs amongst others. Each of these coins has a near perfect purity of 99.9% and they have precious metals IRA eligibility as well.
- Silver Royal Canadian Mint coins – the top coins include the RCM Predator coin and the silver Canadian Maple leaf. Their silver purity level is .9999
- Australian Perth Mint silver coins – the top coins include the silver Emu, silver Koala, silver Kookaburra, and silver Kangaroo, which all have .9999 purity.
- Other silver coins – some silver coins which may or may not reach the purity levels required by the IRS include coins from the British Royal mint, 90% junk coins, silver rounds, and the Noah’s Ark Armenian silver coin.
SD Bullion offers their customers a wide range of different silver bars in different sizes including 1-ounce, 5-ounce, 10-ounce, 100-ounce, and 1000-ounce options. Many public companies and private mints are responsible for producing the silver bars.
Their goal is to only deal with certain mints that are well recognized around the globe, and all of their silver products are made of the highest quality. In truth, the silver bars that they sell must have very high purity levels including .999 purity in order to qualify for a precious metals IRA.
If you need more information, you can always contact SD Bullion by visiting their website to ask your most important questions.
If you are new to precious metals investing, I urge you to read the page detailing how to invest in gold and silver.
Their platinum offerings include various bars and coins with the necessary purity levels to qualify for a precious metals IRA. The platinum coins that they sell include:
- Platinum Canadian Maple Leaf – this coin was originally minted in 1998 by the Royal Canadian Mint. Its purity level is .9995.
- Platinum American Eagle – this particular coin was originally minted in 1997 by the United States Mint. It also maintains a purity level of .9995.
- Platinum Australian Kangaroo – this coin was first minted in 2008 in the Perth Mint. Like the other two, it also contains a purity level of .9995.
SD Billion even sells platinum bars as well in different varying sizes. Some of the popular options include generic platinum bars, platinum bars from Credit Suisse, Pamp Suisse, and Valcambi.
Even More Precious Metals
Besides all the great options previously mentioned, you can also purchase palladium coins, rounds, and bars as well. These products are also excellent investments, and like the previous ones, SD Bullion only deals with the best mints around the world to guarantee the purity and quality of these metals.
Lately, investors are even beginning to purchase copper because it’s a precious metal that is starting to gain in popularity. You can purchase copper bars and Rounds from SD Bullion if it’s something you’re interested in investing in. Talk to your account specialist to find out if this is an acceptable investment within your precious metals IRA.
Pricing Precious Metals
Although SD Bullion tremendously maintains their focus on customer satisfaction, they are also incredibly passionate about providing the lowest possible prices to investors. You can see it by comparing their prices to some of the other companies selling gold online. This is one reason that I believe has caused this company to gain massive popularity throughout the years. Whether you agree with this or not, just know that they focus on selling gold, silver, platinum, and palladium products at low costs.
Even better, they regularly update precious metals prices on their website every 10 to 15 seconds. This means investors have all of the knowledge they need at their fingertips when contemplating a particular purchase. By putting these regular updates on their website, this guarantees that their customers have the best prices available at the time to make good buying decisions. They also share other information related to price to make buying decisions easier than ever.
The price of precious metals will change regularly, but SD Bullion will guarantee offering the lowest price to its customers when compared to rivals. Getting the best price from this company is the reason why it is so popular and gets such excellent customer reviews year-over-year.
If you make a purchase of $199 or more, the company will also offer you free shipping. To find out more about their prices, you can call them to talk to a representative on the phone for work and one of their offices. Contact them as soon as possible to make the most of the low precious metals prices offered by SD Bullion.
The Gold IRA Process at SD Bullion
Are you trying to improve your financial future and retirement? You can buy gold, silver, platinum, palladium, and copper as a precious metals IRA retirement investment. It’s a matter of taking three steps to open your account. The steps include the following:
Step #1: Opening Your Account
There is paperwork involved at this stage of the game and you’ll also have to answer questions and fill out online forms to open your account. You also need to choose a custodian at this stage. Contact SD Bullion to find out more about their custodian recommendations.
Step #2: Gold IRA Account Funding
Once you’ve successfully opened your self-directed IRA account, the next thing to do is deposit funds into the account. You can do this directly or perform a 401(k) rollover By funding it with the proceeds of your existing retirement account. contact your custodian to initiate this part of the process.
Step #3: Purchasing Approved Precious Metals for Your Gold IRA
This final step is the best step of all because you get to purchase all of the excellent gold, silver, platinum, and palladium to grow your account. SD bullion That will make excellent recommendations for eligible investments in a self-directed IRA.
In order to lock in a precious metals purchase, you should contact them right away and tell them to ship the metals to the storage facility of your choosing. But before you can tackle this task, you may want to consider your potential custodian options if you have already chosen one.
The custodians recommended by SD Bullion include:
- Kingdom Trust
- Equity Institutional
- New Direction IRA
- the Entrust Group
- Goldstar Trust
- Provident Trust
Choose any one of these custodians above, but make sure to perform due diligence first and look into their fees and things of that nature. Pick one that’s best suited to meet your needs and personal preferences.
And never worry about creating an account when doing business with SD Bullion. Their team of dedicated experts will answer all of your questions and provide expert assistance every step of the way.
Storing Your Precious Metals
When purchasing physical precious metals like gold, silver, platinum, and palladium, this investment must be kept in a secured vault and storage facility at all times. This is a requirement set forth by the IRS.
This isn’t an issue when Working with SD Bullion, because they have their own storage depository already in place. And they charge lower monthly fees of only $9.99 per month. Consider using their depository because it’s definitely worth it.
They also charge a metal rate per annum for physical bullion. These depository fees are as follows:
- .29% storage fee for gold
- .29% storage fee for platinum
- .39% storage fee for silver
Silver is cheaper than gold and platinum, and it takes up a lot more space, which is why they charge a higher storage fee.
Consider the SD segregated depository for the following reasons:
- Your metals are insured 100% of the time
- Your metals remain in a segregated vault
- It’s easy to open an account with SD Bullion
- Their storage fees are incredibly affordable at $9.99 per month
- All accounts are VAT free
- Sell your precious metals quickly and ship them from your SD depository account
- Move other precious metals from another vault into this account after you’ve opened it
SD Bullion Pros
- Low-cost precious metals
- Expert staff on hand
- Gold and silver are IRA eligible
- Inexpensive depository fees
- 401(k) rollover options available
- Buyback program
SD Bullion Cons
- Price fluctuations happen regularly when buying precious metals, and this isn’t something that only happens with SD Bullion. Prices can change quickly based on supply and demand
- The company only has office space in limited areas in the United States.
Is SD Bullion Actually a Scam?
Like most people, you’re probably wondering if SD Bullion is actually a scam and you might not be sure if they are really a trustworthy company or not. This is a question that many people ask all the time, and it’s important because this is their livelihood at stake.
According to my expert research, I can say with absolute certainty that SD Bullion is a company that you can trust 100% of the time. They only buy precious metals from the most trusted mints throughout the world and they partner with excellent custodians including Goldstar Trust amongst others.
Even better, they’ve received more than 50,000 positive reviews online throughout the years. I’ll paraphrase some of the reviews below:
- SD Bullion has phenomenal customer service. They also offer some of the best precious metals prices when compared to the competition.
- I had an excellent time doing business with this company and look forward to being their customer for many years to come.
The bottom line is this: SD Bullion is a legitimate precious metals IRA dealer that you can definitely trust.